This faithful congregation was established in 1843 and is the fourth oldest congregation in Massillon. Our current building was constructed in 1958. In 2001 we added a two floor addition. The top floor is a fellowship hall/half court gym with high ceilings for volleyball and basketball. Just off of the hall is a very nice kitchen which is great for dinners, and other community events. These facilities are available for rental as well.
Our Congregation is a part of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). This denomination has its roots in the Stone Campbell movement started in the 1830's. The Disciples are very active in missions around the world and we have a strong focus on racial reconciliation. Disciples also reach into the world and the United States to help those in need through Week of Compassion. Our church provides generous support to Week of Compassion each year. See Week of Compassion.org for more information.
In addition to local activities, camps, conferences, and retreats are held for youths and adults at Camp Christian located near Magnetic Springs, 14 miles from Delaware, Ohio. Youth retreats and conventions are held throughout the state and at Hiram College and in Bethany College in West Virginia which are both Disciples colleges.