- Pray for guidance, enthusiasm, and initiative
- Empty out the Storehouse Area
- Package towel sets (1 bath towel, 1 hand towel & 1 washcloth)
- Package bedding sets (1 fitted sheet, 1 sheet, 1 comforter, 1 pillow case)
- Reorganize the west wall to have mattresses, frames/slats, bedding sets, and towel sets.
- Raise funds and purchase or get donated materials for 50 queen, 50 full, and 100 twin beds.
- Host a community service to start new ministry
Operating needs and Volunteers:
- Distribution Volunteers 1st & 3rd Tuesday 9-12; 2nd & 4th Thursday 12-3
- Receive referral forms from Office
- When a family enters, receive their referral form, make sure it matches form from office. Help them to receive their items. Pray with them. Fill out the rest of their form and have them sign a waiver. File the forms and waivers.
- Inventory after the distribution time and hand in inventory sheet to the office
- Restocking Volunteers
- Unload, mark, and stock mattresses when they arrive
- Make sure bedding and towel kits are in appropriate places.
- Church Relations, Go to area churches and groups to raise awareness and to raise funds for the ministry
- Community Relations, Continually work on finding community organizations, businesses, and grants to fund and/or donate toward the ministry costs.