I want to begin by saying thank you. Your leadership in generosity contributes to the long
standing success of our community of faith and its on-going effort to be a faithful witness for
Jesus Christ. I am grateful for your deep commitment to the ministry of this congregation.
Isn’t it amazing how much joy we find in giving to others? It is a secret I wish more people
could discover for themselves! Providing gifts that feed the hungry, cloth the naked, care for the
sick, minister to those in prison and create safe shelter for those without is not simply a mandate of the Gospel (Matthew 25), but it is who we are as people created in the image of a generous
God. A God who has been revealed to us in Christ as One who deeply and passionately loves us.
The Gospel really is good news – news that transforms us.
Over the last several weeks, we’ve studied:
- How we can recognize our thirst for God
- How we can quench our thirst and build a good foundation for relationship with God through prayer
- That our presence and commitment of our presence matters to God
- That God calls us to tithe and give offerings out of the first of our blessings
- How we are called to share our blessings and gifts through service to others
- And by answering God's call our lives will be transformed into lives that overflow with God's blessings
Through our transformation we've learned how we can make sure we are always placing Christ at our center at First Christian Church (click here to watch our messages) and how we can continue to do so with greater vigor and passion in 2015. To do so, we need your help.
Giving in the manner that you do does not simply happen; it is the result of faith, trust, intentional choices and a life of discipline. Thank you for modeling this way of being a person of faith. We join you in the hope of creating a culture of seeking, sharing, and serving Christ in all that we do. Please fill out the pledge card below and hit "send".
Pastor Steven Gower